A Quick Guide to Plastic Containers
Plastic container production has recently become one of the fastest-growing industries in the economy. In fact, today every product sold is dependent on their production in one way or the other. This post will guide you through everything you should know about plastic containers.
Plastic Containers Definition
Plastic containers are storage units forged from different types of polymers produced from natural gas and crude oil. Various chemical processes are applied to convert crude petroleum materials to thermoplastics that are engineered to be configured, shaped, and transformed into long-lasting and sturdy warehouse bins and storage containers.
Plastics have been around since the 1840s when a German known as Eduard Simon discovered polystyrene. His finding was later followed by the discovery of celluloid. These two discoveries formed the basis for a process called polymerization, which is the key chemical process for plastics creation.
Plastic bottles were the first type of plastic containers to be created—the use of cellulose acetate as a raw material in the creation of plastic bottles resulted in a boom in its production in the 1930s. Further development resulted in the creation of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and low-density polyethylene (LDPE), both of which were more suitable for mass production.
Currently, plastic containers are available in different shapes and sizes thanks to the advances in container manufacturing methods. According to Grand View Research, the global market size for plastic containers was approximated to be $88.7 billion in 2019 and is expected to hit the $112.5 billion mark by 2025.
Why Is Plastic Popular?
Plastic is a revolutionary material that offers a wide range of advantages for suppliers, consumers, and society overall. Plastic containers have become a staple across various industries, including the food, beverage, pharmaceutical, and cosmetics industries. This material has such a wide range of applications because it is:
- Durable: These containers retain their structure and shape for a long time, provided they are stored well.
- Lightweight: Most packages and storage containers made from plastic are lightweight and take up less space than containers made of other materials.
- Safe: Plastic is shatter-resistant and does not break when knocked over or dropped. This makes it ideal for use in packaging materials.
- Secure: Plastic can be molded into a safety mechanism or sealed shut.
- Versatile: Plastics can be transformed in several different ways. They can be injected, blown, or thermo-molded. This means that it can be used to package a wide variety of goods.
- Recyclable: Concerns have been raised regarding plastic polluting the environment. Today, most plastic manufacturers create plastic products that are recyclable to help cut down on pollution.
Custom Plastic Containers
While there are several options to choose from, chances are that you may be looking for a very specific type of plastic container. If so, we’ve got you covered. We create custom containers that are made to order and take our customers’ unique requirements into account. With our custom plastic containers, you’ll enjoy the following benefits:
- End-To-End Solutions: Our custom plastic containers are high-quality, durable, and designed with the end user’s preferences in mind. Whether you are looking to store your products in containers that vary in size, color, or design, you can depend on us to create custom containers that meet your unique storage needs. We can even mold the container with a specific type of plastic-making material depending on how you want to use the container.
- Efficient Use of Shelf Space: When you decide to purchase our custom plastic containers, you’ll have control over the exact size of the container you want. This means that you can measure your shelf space and determine the right size and shape of plastic containers that will ensure that you make the most of your space. When you inform us of what you are looking for in a storage container in terms of size and shape, we will follow your instructions to the letter to ensure that we create plastic containers that meet those exact specifications. We can also create stackable containers to ensure efficient use of your shelf space.
- Cost-Effective Options: While plastic containers are generally cost-effective, given they are lightweight and thus reduce shipping and transportation costs, custom plastic containers are an even more cost-effective option. With custom containers, you’ll be getting the exact container size suitable for your storage needs—you won’t have smaller containers than you require nor will you have larger ones than you need. Moreover, custom plastic containers allow you to make the most of your storage space.
- Better for the Environment: We create high-quality containers that are reusable, durable and recyclable. This means you don’t have to worry about polluting the environment when using our containers.
As mentioned above, containers offer a wide range of benefits, including durability, efficient use of shelf space, versatility, and more. That said, containers and handling systems should be able to keep workers safe and simplify storage, movement, and management of products, inventory, and equipment. For more information on plastic containers and which ones are suitable for your storage needs, contact us.