How Plastic Container Solutions Can Revolutionize Your Material Handling Operations
Why did the plastic container go on a diet? Because it wanted to be a lean, mean, reusable machine for all your material handling needs. Using plastic container solutions is a great way to improve the sustainability of your material handling operations. Not only do they reduce waste and save money in the long run, but you can also customize them to meet your specific needs and requirements.
Reusable plastic containers (RPCs) are a popular solution for material handling operations across different industries. These containers are made from durable and sturdy plastic materials, making them ideal for transporting and storing goods and products safely and securely. They offer several benefits compared to single-use packaging, including reduced waste, improved sustainability, and lower costs over time. Some common RPCs include collapsible containers, bulk containers, and plastic pallets, each with its own unique features and benefits.
What Do We Mean By Reusable?
In the context of plastic containers, “reusable” refers to containers designed to be used multiple times instead of disposed of after a single use. Reusable plastic containers can be made from various materials, such as polypropylene (PP), Polyethylene (PE), polyethylene terephthalate (PETE), or structural foam, and are often more durable and longer-lasting than disposable plastic containers. These containers are used in different settings, such as for storage, transportation, and display of products. For example, you can use reusable plastic food containers to store leftovers or pack lunches and reusable plastic storage containers to organize household items.
Compared to disposable plastic containers, which are designed to be used only once before being discarded, reusable plastic containers are a more sustainable option. Reusable packaging has a minimal environmental impact and can reduce up to 86% of solid waste generation, a 60% decrease in CO2 emissions, and a 64% lower energy consumption. Reusable plastic containers can help reduce the environmental impact of plastic production and disposal.
Benefits of Using Plastic Container Solutions for Material Handling Operations
Several benefits of using reusable plastic containers for material handling operations include;
- Cost savings: While the initial cost of purchasing plastic container solutions may be higher than buying single-use containers, the cost-per-use of reusable containers is much lower over time. Businesses can save money in the long run by reducing the need to purchase new containers and minimizing waste disposal costs.
- Durability: Reusable plastic containers are designed to be more durable than single-use containers, making them better suited for the wear and tear of material handling operations.
- Versatility: Plastic container solutions are available in different sizes, shapes, and styles, making them versatile for material handling operations. Businesses can use them for storage and transportation, and have them customized to fit specific business needs.
- Sustainability: Using reusable plastic containers can help reduce the environmental impact of material handling operations.
- Improved safety: Reusable plastic containers are designed to be stackable and easy to handle, which can improve safety in material handling operations. It can reduce the risk of workplace injuries and improve overall efficiency.
Using plastic container solutions for material handling operations can provide various benefits. Businesses can optimize their material handling processes and minimize their carbon footprint by choosing to use reusable plastic containers.
Maintenance and Cleaning of Plastic Container Solutions
Proper maintenance is vital to ensuring reusable plastic containers remain in good condition and can be used safely and effectively over the long term. Here are some guidelines for maintaining and cleaning reusable plastic containers:
- Inspect containers regularly: Regular inspections can help identify any damage or wear and tear on the container, which can then be repaired or replaced. You should remove any damaged containers from use to prevent safety hazards.
- Clean the containers after use: Reusable plastic containers should be cleaned after each use to remove any debris or residue that may have accumulated during the handling or storage process.
- Sanitize the containers periodically: Depending on their intended use, plastic totes may need to be sanitized periodically to prevent the growth of bacteria or other contaminants. Common methods for sanitizing reusable plastic containers include using hot water or a diluted bleach solution.
- Store the containers properly: Reusable plastic containers should be stored in a clean, dry, and well-ventilated area when not in use. Avoid storing them in direct sunlight or in areas with extreme temperatures, as this can cause the plastic to degrade over time.
- Handle the containers with care: Plastic container solutions should be handled carefully to avoid damage. Avoid dropping, dragging, or throwing containers, as this can cause cracks, dents, or other damage.
Proper maintenance and cleaning of reusable plastic containers can ensure their longevity, reduce the need for frequent replacement, and maintain their effectiveness in material handling operations.
Embrace Plastic Container Solutions to Save Both You and the Planet
Flexcon is a manufacturer and supplier of plastic containers, which can be an essential partner for companies looking for plastic container solutions for their material handling operations. We offer a wide range of plastic containers, including totes, bins, trays, and boxes, suitable for various material handling applications. We also offer customization options, allowing companies to tailor the containers to their specific needs.
Contact us today for plastic container solutions that can meet the needs of your material handling operations. We provide expert guidance and sustainable solutions that save money and the planet.